Weight Watchers is a weight loss program that was founded in 1963. The program is based on a points system, where foods are assigned a certain number of points based on their nutritional content. Participants are given a daily points budget and are encouraged to choose foods that are low in points in order to lose weight.
The program also includes support through in-person meetings or online tools, where members can receive guidance and support from trained leaders and other participants. In addition to the points system, Weight Watchers promotes a healthy lifestyle through exercise and behavioral changes.
Here’s a breakdown of how Weight Watchers works:
- Assessing your weight loss goals: When you join Weight Watchers, you’ll start by setting a weight loss goal. The program will help you determine a realistic goal based on your current weight, height, and other factors.
- Tracking your food intake: Weight Watchers assigns points to different foods based on their nutritional content. You’ll use a tracking tool (such as the Weight Watchers app) to keep track of the points you consume each day. You’ll be given a daily points budget based on your weight loss goals, and you’ll aim to stay within that budget in order to lose weight.
- Making healthier food choices: Weight Watchers encourages participants to choose foods that are low in points, such as fruits, vegetables, and lean proteins. The program also provides guidance on portion sizes and healthy meal planning.
- Exercising regularly: Weight Watchers promotes regular exercise as a way to support weight loss and maintain a healthy lifestyle. The program offers a range of exercise options, including at-home workouts, virtual fitness classes, and access to gyms.
- Receiving support: Weight Watchers offers support through in-person meetings or online tools, where members can connect with trained leaders and other participants. This support can help you stay motivated and on track with your weight loss goals.
Overall, Weight Watchers is a weight loss program that uses a points system to help participants make healthier food choices and lose weight. The program also includes support through in-person meetings and online tools, as well as a focus on regular exercise.